Saturday 23rd September 2023
THE BLACK TIE GALA RETURNS
The Hawker Typhoon Preservation Group Black Tie gala and fundraising auction, Saturday 23rd September 2023 at the Royal Air Force Club, London.
Details of the event
Live auction lots:
- Spitfire and Hurricane Battle of Britain experience
- Ray Hanna’s flying jacket
- Luxury B&B getaway
- 1 of 4 signed framed print of last remaining Battle of Britain pilot
- Irvin Jacket, helmet and goggles of Peter Tickner, 181 sqn Typhoon pilot
- VIP Visit to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
- “Top Gun” flight experience for two at Ultimate High, Goodwood
- Full motion flight simulator experience
- Half day visit to 29sqn and display practice
Silent auction lots
- Experience flight in Harvard “Wacky Wabbit”
- Airspare goody pack
- Red Arrows signed merchandise
- Robert Taylor – Closing the Gap (framed and signed collectors piece)
- Professional commercial drone pilot course
- AVI-8 Hawker Typhoon “Sheila” Limited Edition chronograph
- AVI-8 Royal British Legion “Hawker Hunter” Limited Edition chronograph
- Airfix bundle
You will also be dining in the company of heroes – we are expecting to be joined on the evening by no less than three WWII RAF veterans: Bernard Gardiner a combat veteran of 71 Typhoon ops, Colin Bell DFC and George Pritchard, both Mosquito veterans.
Tickets are the squadron number that RB396 flew with during her short but illustrious combat career, £174 per person, and this includes a drinks reception, three-course meal and after dinner coffee and tea, as well as an entry to the grand raffle on the night – one person will win a special prize.
Buy a full table (12 tickets) and receive a 10% discount and a complimentary bottle of award-winning Gusbourne English sparkling wine.
Contribute an auction lot and there is the opportunity to receive up to a 20% discount on 2 x tickets. Contact us for more information.
All funds raised on the night go towards the continued rebuild effort for RB396.